Monday, August 2, 2010

Garden Update


So I've gotten in the habit of taking a picture of the first harvest of each vegetable or fruit. So here's what I've got so far.

The First Zucchini...so yummy, we've just chopped em up and eaten them like carrot sticks!
The first two tomatos...eaten tonight in a green salad!
My first canning experience ever.....18 jars of Apricot jam....Yes, I can count....several are not pictured here.

The first two ears of corn....eaten with dinner last night.
I just picked these yellow squash tonight. I think I want to try canning them, especially since I'm going to have SO MANY! We'll probably boil one tomorrow with dinner though I'd imagine.

I still can't wait to pick the peaches, grapes, green beans, pumpkins and watermelon.

The blackberries are almost ready too. I've given the first two to Connor and Bear without taking pictures first. Although I'm hoping to get a jar or two of jam out of those also.

I have had the BEST time with this garden. I truly am blessed to have the opportunity to grow my own vegetables and enjoy EVERY sweat-dripping second of it:)







0 comments: