Saturday, May 28, 2011

Grandfatherly Advice

My sweet grandparents came up from Provo today for a visit and brought a few things with them. One of which was lunch! Woot! Woot! for KFC and PIZZA HUT all in one afternoon. Plus, my Papa Chuck also brought up with him LOADS of his family history photos. We were going to try and get them scanned in on his computer but we weren't really able to get that accomplished. So instead, I just got to hear a bunch of stories about different people in my family history.

As he was leaving, he asked if I "keep a journal" because someday I'm going to want to write down my life story and it would be a whole lot easier to remember if I write the important things down now or right when they happen. So his Grandfatherly Advice was to keep one.

When I mentioned that I "blog" our family events, I don't think he really understood what that meant. But I like to think of this blog as my "journal of events, hobbies and other happenings" in our family's life.

So in response to this advice, I thought I should blog about what my sweet little boys and I have been doing over the past week while Daddy has been at Basic Training.
Sunday: made it to Sacrament Meeting, had the whole family together for a few hours before Sam gave each of us Fathers Blessings and we dropped him off in Salt Lake.
Monday: Totally took it easy and lounged around the house, heard from Sam a few times as he flew to Missouri and arrived at Reception.
Tuesday: Went to IKEA with Gramma Bee and all three munchkins....what an adventure!
Wednesday: Walked with Gramma Montague in the morning, spent the afternoon clearing out and organizing my craft room so it's usable again.
Thursday: went to JoAnn Fabric before dropping Gramma Bee off at the airport
Friday: Lazy day around the house, did a little gardening though.
Saturday: got a visit from Gramma Sally and Papa Chuck, got a formal postcard from Sam saying that I should get a good address for him within this next week, went to a friend's wife's book signing with all the munchkins, updated the blog and now....to get dinner on the table.

Thanks for the advice Papa!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Terrific advice - now I need to go write in my journal. :)

♫♪ 可穎 ஜ۩۞۩ஜ ♫♪ said...

hi , 9 2 meet u yupp :P
i want said is me love japan <3
hope u n your family happy 4ever yupp ^.<

♫♪ 可穎 ஜ۩۞۩ஜ ♫♪ said...

i love japan n USA ^.< ^.<