Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sleeping! ahhhhhh.....

I took Bear to his 4 Month appointment last week and got some really good news from my doctor. I explained that I still couldn't get Bear to sleep longer than about 4 hours at night(not exactly a good nights sleep for me). She told me that, at this point, when he wakes up for those middle of the night feedings, he isn't actually hungry and he doesn't need the nourishment, it's just habit from doing it for the last several months.

What?! Really?! SWEET!!!!

So that night when he woke up, I let him squeal for a bit, then went in, picked him up, gave him his binkie, calmed him down, and put him back in his crib. He went right back to sleep and didn't wake up for another few hours.
Same thing the next night
Then the night after that: He slept for 7.5 hours!

And again, last night, he slept for 7.25 hours! So I'm so thankful for my pediatrician for telling me that those feedings are unnecessary. WOOHOO!

I'm feeling so good today.