Friday, August 28, 2009

Four Year Anniversary!

Yesterday was Sam and my four year anniversary and I realized that it truly is the little things that count.  We had talked about getting out on the town and going to dinner at a fancy restaurant and going dancing and all kinds of different options surfaced.  When it came down to it, we settled on eating cheese quesadillas at home with the boys and taking everyone to Applebee's for dessert afterwards. With a quick run to DI and Wal-Mart after that.  

I decided to shower before we left(yeah, it was one of those days before Sam got home from work).  I locked the bedroom door because our master bathroom doesn't have a lock on it and I didn't want to have to answer any questions or do a "potty break" for Connor in the middle of my shower(my few moments of peace!).  After I hopped out, I thought I heard Bear whine and it seemed a little closer than outside of our bedroom but I shrugged it off.

Well, when I emerged from the bathroom I was surprised with a note, some flowers and a Marzipan Rittersport(my favorite!) on the bed.....it seems my husband is a lockpick!
It was a very thoughtful surprise!  He is so good at them.  

I'm terrible at surprises.  I made a really cute card for him but told him once I made it that I couldn't wait to give it to him.  And then I told him to open it first thing in the morning because I couldn't wait to hear what he thought of it. 

Lucky for me, he liked it and even chuckled a bit!

I have such a wonderful husband.  I'm so grateful for him and all he does for me and our boys.


2 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Anniversary to you guys! Yeah that is awesome!

Matt and Alissa said...

Happy anniversary! What a wonderful surprise. I hear you on the shower part. You are a brave women to just lock everybody out. If I can't get in during nap time, I usually end up with all of the kids in the shower with me or a constant game of peek-a-boo while I freeze.