Thursday, October 28, 2010

Book Recommendation

I remember first hearing Dr. Laura on the radio when I was in college....probably 2002/2003, somewhere in there. I'd never heard of her until my boyfriend at the time flipped her on. And at that point in my life I just didn't understand her at ALL!


However, more recently, I would be in the car often when her program was on and listened to her show relatively regularly. She had some really logical and conservative opinions that I could completely relate to. Albeit there are things that she says which I don't agree with, but for the most part, she's right on.

I started noticing that when speaking with women who were having trouble in their marriage relationships, she always talked about her book, "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands".

Immediately, the title invokes curiosity. And more than that, could this one book really help so many different problems in marriage? Sam and I work really well together and rarely argue, but what good wife isn't always looking for ways to make "her man" happier and her marriage stronger? So I started inquiring about it at the library and such....probably 6 months later, I finally get my hands on a copy.

It turns out to be FANTASTIC!!!!!!! In a little over 175 pages, Dr. Laura completely opened my eyes to the male psyche and gave me some GREAT little things that I can do to strengthen my marriage, none of which require extravagance or even anything that I shouldn't already be doing.

So, if anyone is looking for a great read that you might get a bit more than a great story out of.....this is it.

And if you do decide to read it....afterwards, go find a photograph from a science book of the hormone estrogen and then one for testosterone. If that doesn't explain things, I don't know what else could:)

Happy Reading!

1 comments:

LiMb FaMiLy said...

I have been thinking of reading this book for awhile, I'm glad you liked it! It has inspired me to go get it! :) I loved her book for stay at home mom's, it was fabulous. And I love listening to Dr. Laura, I think she is great. I'm so excited for your new baby too!! :)