Monday, November 7, 2011

Big RULER!

So I found this idea on Pinterest which was apparently taken from a discontinued Pottery Barn Kids item.  I made this life sized ruler to measure my kids on.  We had a height measurement wall in our house growing up and my kids are getting to that point when I'd like to do this. But as a military family we are pretty much nomadic so I wanted something we can take with us. This completely fits the bill. And, although the stain turned out a bit darker than I anticipated, I'm really happy with my larger than life ruler.

Sam put the big hole in the top of it, which I thought was pretty clever since every ruler has one!  I think we are going to try and make the hanging mechanism look like a giant nail head too.  I can't wait to get my little monkeys measured on here.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

LOVE IT! SO cute! I hope you had a fun birthday, we miss getting together, but it looks like you are all doing great!

MovingCompaniesOnline.com said...

Great blog- really enjoyed reading it. Have bookmarked you and will check back regular. Please feel free to take a look at my blog...



ABF UPack
Moving Trucks