Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sam's socks

To properly introduce these, I need to back up to about a year ago, maybe a little more, when I stumbled across a sock knitting book at the Tooele Library. Although I didn't know how to knit at the time, I checked out the book and determined that I wanted to learn how to do it.  Fast forward to...today!  I finished my first pair of knit socks and had SO MUCH FUN making them.

Sam put in the first order, so he got the first pair....for better or worse:)

They might look a little funny here....

 BUT THEY FIT!!!! And that's the important part, right!?
Now, to make my boys and myself each a pair....

P.S. If anyone wants the pattern, it came from the Patons - Next Step Four - Socks and Slippers knitting book that you can find at JoAnn. It is Step 1 - The Basic Sock in Super Fine Yarn Weight.

The instructions were REALLY easy to follow except for two steps that I had to google.  PSSO and picking up stitches, neither of which had I ever done before.  So with google, and YouTube.....a beginner knitter can easily do this pattern!

4 comments:

Matt and Alissa said...

Way to go. They look great!

Bonnie said...

Terrific! Great job, Honey!

qingblog said...

Microsoft Outlook 2010 lets you drag and color-code tasks and e-mails on its calendar;e-mails can display previews of Office files; offers new contact cards; and most commands remain in place from Outlook 2010 download .

Anonymous said...

The Digital Board is a brand professional SEO company that has been giving its services from many years. There are millions websites flourishing on the top- 10 ranking with a massive traffic